How to write from right to left?

zahiharush
2 0 0

Hello everyone
Is it possible to write from right to left?

I know there is a right-to-left alignment that still doesn't help and it's really hard to write like that.
That I want to write a product description is really frustrating and inconvenient
I would love to know if there is such an option and how to do it.
Thanks!

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi there @zahiharush!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out here on our Community forums for more info.

There's some info here on this other post in a reply from a Shopify Partner who discusses how to add some CSS to your store's theme to set it to right-to-left (RTL) text.

You can add the following text to your store's theme CSS (check your Assets folder, for something like theme.css.liquid, styles.css.liquid, or something along those lines:

body { direction: rtl; }

There's a bit more info on this external site about this coding property you can check out.

Check out our guide to editing your store's theme code here to learn how and where you can do this.

Of especial importance would be duplicating your theme code, as changes made to CSS files (as opposed to .liquid files) are not automatically backed-up by the system and cannot be reverted easily.

Are you setting up a store using Shopify for the first time, or just your first time creating a store in a right-to-left language?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

zahiharush
2 0 0

thank you for the answer
This is the first time I am setting up a store that requires rtl
Apparently, I could not explain myself.
I was able to convert my template from right to left I had already changed everything to rtl in the code
My problem is different: when I write something I have no option to choose whether it will be right to left or left to right, I thought there might be an option to fix it using code or something else.
I have a problem when I write a product description / want to create policies, just every time I need to write something.
I would love to know if there is anything to do with it

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi again @zahiharush!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for getting back to me here with that extra info and context.

As this is a situation involving custom coding work, it is likely that it would not be supported under our design policy here.

That said, I'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything at all we can do to direct you to where you can get help for this.

If you could share a link to your store here with me and confirm the name of the theme you are using currently (as it was originally downloaded) we can take a closer look at this together.

Feel free to include as much info and context as you can so we're ready to get to work on this!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes