I can't reordering my variants

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
59 1 8

Everytime i try to reorder my variants,i save them,and then,nothing happens.

Could this be a bug?

I'm working on Debut theme.

This happens in a specific product,this one: https://tickytocker.com/collections/others/products/charisma-bracelet

I want to reorder the variants since minimum inch,to the bigger one.

Thanks!

Sofia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 392

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @sofcastro 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

You should be able to reorder your variants like so:

In my experience, the bug that prevents these changes taking place is a cache/browser issue. I would recommend using an up to date version of Chrome, and if you already are using the most up to date version of Chrome then clear your cache and try again. This should resolve the issue for you! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Excursionist
59 1 8

It works.

Thank you so much!

Sofia

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

We followed these steps and the variants will not stay in the order we arrange them. We even cleared our browser cache, viewed the product in a different browser, and Shopify will not save the changes to the variant layout. It's sad really, because Shopify is a good platform but is lacking in so many ways compared to other companies. If they could make adjustments and add core features to their platform, they would be top dog for eCommerce websites.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there - same thing is happening to me. For some reason the reordered variants won't stick and keep reverting back to how they were before the changes. I've cleared my cache, switch browsers and nothing seems to fix it. There must be something going on on the back because there are more users complaining about recently. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 392

Hey there, @Silvasonic and @AABTexas 

If you could both send me links to your products where this is occurring I would be more than happy to take a closer look. What themes are you using? Have you added any apps recently? 

All the Best,

Bo 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey Bo, thank you for the replay and for offering your help on this issue. Below is a link to one of many product pages that do not save the variant order after arranging. I have tried several times, and no dice. Only reason I can come up with as to why it's not working, is because I do not have every option available.

Example

Raspberry in 5", 11", 24", & 36", but not in 18". So because of that the coding has an issue reordering the variants.

https://www.allamericanballoons.net/collections/solid-color-latex/products/betallatex-deluxe-latex-b...

Thank you,

Sean

Manager | Admin

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

URL: https://localcult.us/collections/modern-life/products/social-media-short-sleeve-tee 

The only apps added were Customer Privacy Banner (Shopify) and Printify. The theme is an unmodified Debut.

I just read the new post here and I also don't have all variants of the t-shirt available because Printify is out of stock when it comes to some sizes (mostly medium I think). Also the variants order is correct on Printify, but get re-sorted randomly it would appear on the Shopify side when imported.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 392

Hey there, @AABTexas 

Thank you for sharing this link to your store. I can see by the way the variants present themselves that this is not a third party theme, it ould appear that they are sorted correctly on the admin side of things, however, on the theme front they are being presented differently. This is either due to the theme code itself or an app that you may be using to make the product page and variants look the way they do. If you are using an app please contact the app developer to look into this, if you are not using any apps I would recommend going straight to the theme developer to assist with this as it is not a Shopify issue but an issue with a third party. To confirm that this is the case, please do preview one of the Shopify supported themes in Online Store > Themes. There should be a copy of Debut there that you can preview by going to Online Store > Themes > Debut > Actions > Preview. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1421 140 392

Hey there, @Silvasonic 

Thanks for getting back to me with this link. I was able to figure out what the problem was. For this product, in particular, the black variant only comes in sizes L and up whereas the white variant comes in XS, S, 2XL, and 3XL. This would be why the variants show the way they do - all sizes are not available in both colors for this product and so, it shows the sizes it is available in first. Take a look at this gif:

I would assume you would like to sell this product in all sizes for both colors. What I would recommend is deleting this product from the products section of the Shopify Admin and then importing it once more from Printify with all the variants available. This could very well be an issue with the app itself. If deleting the product from your store and importing it once more from the app does not resolve this, please do contact Printify directly, here

Very cool designs by the way! Are you planning on launching soon? If so, I would recommend checking out our essential store launch checklist here.  

All the Best, 

Bo

0 Likes