I messed up my code!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I messed up my code trying to put a manditory "Agree to terms of service" box on my website by trying to use this tutorial: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Cart-Add-an-Agree-to-terms-and-conditions-checkbox/m-... . I went to delete it out because it didn't work for me and now my Home page is all messed up. My slideshows won't show and my collections section on the homepage looks off. Can someone please help? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
835 97 138

Hi, @soserenity,

Hank here from Shopify.

This can happen when editing the theme code, but don't worry, there is an option to roll back your theme code.

It can be done within your admin (Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code), and can resolve a lot of issues with the theme code itself as it reverts to an earlier saved version.

Another thing you could do is add or update your theme version which gives you a fresh copy of your theme.

Additionally, what I will do is move this thread to a more applicable board, and that way some developers may come across this thread and add value. But if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes