I need to make a grid of square images, each with a caption, each linking to a page. Debut. How? :)

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I'm in the Debut theme, and have bought a Multi Vendor Marketplace Shopify app.
So, on my home page, I want to have a 5-panel-wide, 5-panel-long grid of square images.
Each image is of a vendor, and each image links, when clicked, to their page.
Thing is; each image also needs a text caption.
On the bottom, I'd like to add one of those numbered bars where you can select that it goes to the next batch, refreshing anew or sliding sideways; however it works.

Not being able to do this automatically within my Shopify page has been a major business hiccup - I'd hugely appreciate the support! Thank you

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7605 1048 2637

Hello, @robin_ 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi there Ketan Kumar,

The site url is casualsex.store
I changed to Brooklyn theme, by the way.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7605 1048 2637

@robin_ 

Thanks for the store URL

sorry your store is password protect

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi - sorry! Password is Zaman1

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7605 1048 2637

@robin_ 

Thanks for details 

sorry but i can see any issue at the home page give me a screenshot of further issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2
on the header menu item 'seller listing', if you click that you go to a scrolling feed of stores. here is that scrolling feed:

I need to have it such that there is no star rating visible. That will absolutely kill my ability to have artists sign on as sellers on the page, haha.
And I need there to be 5 panels across (the gaps between the squares must be smaller), and on mobile that it go to 3 panels (and not 2 as it currently does).
The last thing is; less of a gap between the rows too, for sure.

Are these things possible? I gather this code is customizable, whether through shopify or through the shopify app Multivendor Marketplace (which I have installed)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1434 194 487

Definitely possible. If you can mock up an example of how you want it I can make you a section that should give you the ability to do it through the customize editor.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2
Honestly, that would have a significantly huge impact on my life and mental health right now, haha. I'll get on it right away and respond with one!
Thank you, chat soon!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Ninthony!

ps. I had the theme wrong: it's Brooklyn! sorry.
Alrighty, so I've finished the mockup of what the DESKTOP and MOBILE views would look like, as per your request. Including a nice yellow button at the bottom, which would take one to the page on casualsex.store you see in the header, titled 'sellers listing', which is all the sellers/artists on the site in one place.

These are also, by the way, a whole bunch of very cool, alternative South African (music) artists.
You'll see I made it 30 panels total for each. It's right for desktop, but perhaps 30-per-visible-selection is a like, 6 or 9 images too tiresome for mobile viewers? How easily would that be made adjustable? I could even add or subtract them manually if need be. I'd be arranging them manually anyway..

Cool. What do you reckon? Possible?
Reg,
Robin

store grid mockup _ desktop view.png

store grid mockup _ mobile view.png

0 Likes