I want an option for stock to be: In Stock, No Stock, At Supplier. Please help, is this an app/theme

JayBoom
2 0 0

 Hi shopifiers

I want an option for stock to be: In Stock, No Stock, At Supplier. I want it so i can do it in the back end, and the customer sees that it is in stock at a supplier. This is common for custom made eCommerce so i don't understand why Shopify doesn't have it built in.

Is there a theme (preferred) or APP that does it.

Back end - i can mark a product as In Stock, No Stock, At supplier.

Front End - When viewing the product they can see these issues

productsSHOP.JPG

Thank you

Jay

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1102 74 179

Hey, Jay.

Tira here to help.

Thanks for reaching out in the Shopify Community and for these details and screenshot. This is helpful.

There isn’t a built-in feature in the Shopify admin where you can control whether a product shows as in-stock, out of stock, or at a supplier. I would recommend using a third-party app from our App Store to help.

I did some digging and here are some of my suggestions with their benefits:

STOCK LEVEL inventory quantity by Gravity Software - You can show labels like, “only x in stock,” “pre-order,” or “coming soon” on your product page.

Inventory Counter by MicroFundAcquireAC1 - This app allows you to display the amount of inventory you have left in stock, and what you’ve sold, you can add emojis and customize your text for unique displays. You can also display the inventory you have per location. 

Using a third-party app will allow you to control these settings in your back end, which would be the Shopify admin and show on your front end on your storefront.

Here is a link to find related stock apps in our App Store.

These third-party apps are developed by third-party developers, should you have any questions or need support, you can contact the third-party developer directly by using the information listed under the “Support” section of the app’s page.

I would love to know if this helps you accomplish what you need to do. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1300 118 337

@JayBoom another idea, if you just need to display information to the user based on what you enter in the backend you could do this:

1) Add the stock indication as a metafield on the product. If you haven't used metafields, they're basically just extra data fields you can add to a product, and then take action in the theme code based on that data. The app I use for metafields is Metafields Custom Field Master.

2) Now in the theme code when someone is on the product page, you can retrieve those metafields via Liquid and show content based on the value of the metafield.

If you get stuck or do not have a developer on your team and need help, feel free to reach out to my team of Shopify developers at speedboostr.com/contact. We do custom features like this frequently.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes