Please help, help me

I don't know where to add the code

xxx.PNG

Accepted Solution (1)
MattPr
Tourist
11 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

I've had the same question recently and did a little bit of investigating as most of these posts go unsolved.

Lo' and behold I found the answer.

First you go into your online store and choose "edit code" in the actions menu. Then find the "cart-template.liquid" file and locate the 268-269th row.

Implement your paypal button code inbetween the 268th and 269th row as shown

code edited 1.png

And then you shoud comment out the code that functioned as your normal check out button as shown below.

code edited 2.2.png

And this is how the code looks implemented in your store

finished code.png

View solution in original post

Replies 57 (57)
Keenya
Visitor
1 0 0

I am seeing the options of what to insert, but my theme, Me Wokiee, doesn't seem to have the same entry points to paste for inserting PayPal payment options.

Can someone assist?

vertical
6 0 0

Julie, Thanks for the prompt reply. Could you kindly tell me how to get the express check out with the every product?

cheers

Don

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, Don! 

We have some instructions on how to add and remove dynamic checkout buttons from your product pages. Following these instructions, the PayPal Express checkout button should be visible on all product pages. 

If you've already followed those instructions but don't see PayPal Express on your product pages, this is expected behaviour; dynamic checkout buttons dynamically change to reflect the customer's preferred accelerated checkout method, so your customers may not always see PayPal as an option. 

If you are referring to PayPal Smart Payment buttons, however, then this will involve some custom code. This would be something best handled by a web developer. If this is the case, I recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert for assistance or browsing the previous pages in this thread for advice. I'm also curious to know if there are any developers in this thread who can offer any insight. 

That being said, I recommend taking advantage of the dynamic checkout buttons in order to offer the PayPal Express button on each product page, as this is Shopify's supported method. Once you've added your dynamic checkout buttons to your product pages, I suggest testing them out to ensure they've been added correctly.

I hope this helps! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bigforest
Shopify Partner
10 0 3
However, you can enable guest payments to let customers pay with their credit card even if they don't have their own PayPal account. To enable guest payments, you'll just need to change the settings in your PayPal account settings. Feel free to check out PayPal's help doc on enabling guest payments to learn more

I just want to ask are still available in 2023.

MRamzan
Shopify Partner
92 1 19

I solved this after watching this video. This guy explained for all the themes on his channel: https://youtu.be/2Cs4qfMx9J8

Hire Me:

WhatsApp: +91-9145985880
Email: mohdramzaan112@gmail.com

MRamzan
Shopify Partner
92 1 19

I have integrated PayPal Smart Buttons by following this video. Make sure to not mess up the code without taking backup because it will create error if you don't know coding.

I seen that for all themes this guy solved this. You can find complete playlist on the channel.

Thanks.

Hire Me:

AhmadAbbas
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, where can I find the code that you paste it?

MRamzan
Shopify Partner
92 1 19

Here is the link: https://www.shopwebsitecodes.com/products/paypal-smart-buttons-dawn-theme

You will get all the codes on this website.

Thanks.

Hire Me: