I want to add Paypal smart payment buttons

Solved
MRSTUDIO09
1 0 0

Hi @Julie , 

I am trying to integrate paypal to shopify since last 3 days, However when I clink on activate Paypal it takes me to paypal dashboard.

I already have a business account, I tired many work arounds none of them really worked for me. I see many others are also facing similar issue on paypal community chat.

It would be great if Shopify and Paypal would work together to fix this.

Store: www..pawfectionsalon.com

Regards,

PawfectionSalon

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 260

Hey, @MRSTUDIO09!

Before we hop into some troubleshooting steps, have you had a chance to review our help doc on how to set up your PayPal account with Shopify? When you first create a Shopify store, a PayPal account is automatically created for you using the same email address that you used when you signed up with Shopify. This help doc will walk you through the process of ensuring that the correct PayPal Business account is connected. 

Since you already have a PayPal Business account, then you'll just need to deactivate PayPal in Shopify, then reactivate it using the email address associated with your Business account. This is done by heading to Settings > Payments and selecting Deactivate within the PayPal section, where you'll then see a Reactivate once you've disconnected your account.

When you reactivate your account, you'll be prompted to login to PayPal to complete the activation and grant Shopify permissions. It's worth noting that if you've used another PayPal account recently, the email for that account might already be filled in, so you'll just need to make sure you're using the email for the account you want to connect to your store.

Because you're being immediately directed to your PayPal account, it sounds like you're already logged in. Is this the dashboard associated with your PayPal Business account, or a different PayPal account? 

If it's the incorrect account, then I would recommend opening up your PayPal dashboard in a different browser window and completely logging out before trying to connect within Shopify again. It would also be worth trying the setup steps again using Google Chrome's Incognito mode (File > New Incognito Window), or a different browser altogether. If all else fails, do you have another device you can try this on? For example, if you're currently using a computer, you could try again using your mobile device.

Following these steps should do the trick, but please respond here and let me know if you are still having difficulties connecting your PayPal account!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
SURGERITE
1 0 0
Copy the following code and paste between<head>...</head>on your page.

Copy the following code and paste between<body>...</body>on your page anywhere you'd like your messages to appear. We recommend placing them near the price of your products or cart amount.
<!--
    In your code, update data-pp-amount
    with the price or cart amount. For
    example, data-pp-amount="89.99" for
    a $89.99 product.
-->
<div
    data-pp-message
    data-pp-style-layout="text"
    data-pp-style-device="message"
    data-pp-style-logo-type="inline"
    data-pp-style-text-color="black"
    data-pp-amount="ENTER_VALUE_HERE">
</div>

0 Likes
Keenya
1 0 0

I am seeing the options of what to insert, but my theme, Me Wokiee, doesn't seem to have the same entry points to paste for inserting PayPal payment options.

Can someone assist?

0 Likes
PLarsen2
1 0 0
Hi Matt I am using the debutify theme do you know how to implement the code into that theme?
0 Likes
vertical
6 0 0

Julie, Thanks for the prompt reply. Could you kindly tell me how to get the express check out with the every product?

cheers

Don

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 260

Hi, Don! 

We have some instructions on how to add and remove dynamic checkout buttons from your product pages. Following these instructions, the PayPal Express checkout button should be visible on all product pages. 

If you've already followed those instructions but don't see PayPal Express on your product pages, this is expected behaviour; dynamic checkout buttons dynamically change to reflect the customer's preferred accelerated checkout method, so your customers may not always see PayPal as an option. 

If you are referring to PayPal Smart Payment buttons, however, then this will involve some custom code. This would be something best handled by a web developer. If this is the case, I recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert for assistance or browsing the previous pages in this thread for advice. I'm also curious to know if there are any developers in this thread who can offer any insight. 

That being said, I recommend taking advantage of the dynamic checkout buttons in order to offer the PayPal Express button on each product page, as this is Shopify's supported method. Once you've added your dynamic checkout buttons to your product pages, I suggest testing them out to ensure they've been added correctly.

I hope this helps! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes