I want to add custom fields to "create account page"

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Hello everyone, so for my "create account" page i require some other information from my potential customers and this information obtained from the customers is crucial in helping me carryout orders. so i want to add more fields to the account creation page and i want to edit the code in the way that if the customers don't fill the new fields i created, they won't be able to finish the account creation process, I was wondering if i could achieve this using control statements such "if statements". or what other way can i go to get this done. 

Also i terms of shipping, i want to be able to tell customers who aren't in my selected region that we don't ship orders to locations outside my zone. is there a way i can get this done?? thank you so much and waiting for a response.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8508 1134 2978

Hello, @k-lue 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

my store's link is www.k-lue.com or www.the-k-lue-store.myshopify.com 

thank you so much and i'd be looking forward to your feedback

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey . @k-lue  did you find a solution ?

Best Regards 

William Alencar
GoodFy Labs
Brazilian Shopify Experts
Getting Satisfied Customers around the World
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @k-lue and @GoodfyLabs,

Have you tried using Shopify's tutorial on adding fields to registration?

If you need something you can customize further, this would be very simple to accomplish using the Customer Fields app.

• It is simple to add fields to your registration form and mark them required so a customer wouldn't be able to register until all of the requirements are met.
  • I'm not understanding exactly what or when you want to communicate to customers outside of your region, but that is also possible to customize using Customer Fields. For example, you can add fields for country and province to your registration form. Then you could either prevent customers from registering if they are outside your region and/or display a message that informs them they are outside your region.

All of this would be possible on the app's Pro plan! Helium apps are also free-to-use on dev shops (shopify plan = "affiliate") if you happen to be building this for a client.  

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
Customer Fields app (since 2015)
Meteor Mega Menu app (since 2014)
0 Likes
Highlighted

hey @michael-helium  ... yes ... after my post I did a more research and find the tutorial that allow me put additional info as CUSTOMER NOTES .

Best rEgards 

William Alencar
GoodFy Labs
Brazilian Shopify Experts
Getting Satisfied Customers around the World
1 Like
Highlighted

Yes, if you're not using a third-party app any custom data needs to be stored in customer notes or Shopify's metafields.  

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
Customer Fields app (since 2015)
Meteor Mega Menu app (since 2014)
0 Likes