I want to make my descriptions less cluttered

Solved
Excursionist
15 2 1

Hi, 

I have noticed that when my customers go on my website on their mobiles, the long product descriptions that I have make it look like a literal "wall of text" that they have to scroll all the way through. I found this one website (https://www.rockymountainsoap.com/products/natural-sunscreen) that has tabs so when you select a tab and the content on display gets replaced. How can I do that on my website? I know how to do basic coding in html and a little bit of coding in liquid through trial and error. Can I get some help please?

Thanks, 

Ethan

0 Likes
Excursionist
15 2 1

Oh, my current theme doesn't have that feature and I don't want to have to change themes just to get it either. 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 76

Hi, @MundayBodyCare!

May here from Shopify!

Great question! There are a few ways to create tabs for your product descriptions, and these methods don't require you to change themes. Here are some of my suggestions:

1. Follow a tutorial from our help document if your product tabs contents are going to be consistent (except for product description) across all of your products, for example: shipping policy, size chart, etc.

2. Follow this tutorial that I wrote in another forums thread, if your tabs will have different and unique contents depending on the product, for example: ingredients list, clothing/fabric materials, etc. The thread linked here is focusing around Brooklyn theme, but the tutorial should work regardless of the theme.

If you are not comfortable with making code changes on your own, or if you are running into any difficulties, I highly suggest reaching out to our Shopify Experts.

3. Instal an app. There are quite a few apps on our app store that you can download to create product tabs. Feel free to check them out here. Please keep in mind that if you do decide to use an app, there may be an additional cost since you will be using their service. If you have any questions about the app, or if you run into any technical issues, you can reach out to the developers directly.

Let me know if this helps! If you have any followup questions, just reply to this thread and I'll be more than happy to help. 

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
15 2 1

In the end we decided to just move to a different theme. 

Thanks for the help though

0 Likes