If I sale a dress for $50 exactly how much would it cost me (All fee is possible using a credit card

Victoria63
1 0 0

If I sale a dress for $50. I have bought the $29.98 a month, what fee would I need to calculate in for the cost of this sale. They will use a credit card.

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 17 20

Hey @Victoria63!

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

The total credit card processing fee will depend on which country your business is operating from and which payment gateway you're using.

If you're located in the US, then you can see on our pricing page that online credit card rates are 2.9% + 30¢ USD if you use Shopify Payments or 2% if you use a third-party payment provider.

Example: The sale of a $50 dress

If you use Shopify Payments, the credit card processing fee would be (50 x 0.029) + 0.30 = $1.75 USD

If you use a third-party payment provider the fee would be 50 x 0.02 = $1 USD

Please keep in mind that third-party payment providers will charge a fee on their end for processing the transaction.

When calculating how to price your product you'll want to consider all your business costs. This will include your monthly subscription, any additional paid apps you choose to use, the cost of shipping labels, and your marketing budget.

If you're looking for more information on how to price your products, you may be interested in our article about pricing strategies that explains 13 different strategies.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out.

I hope you're having a great day!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes