If product has no image, hide product

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hello there, can please someone help me with a string of code?

What I'd like to do is pretty straight forward, if a product doesnt have an image , dont show the product (hidden feaure). I am working with a big database and I'd like to have the code embedded i the theme code and not from my CSV file for many reasons. 

How would I go about this? many many thanks for answers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
289 2 34

Hi, Eferri!

You could use the https://excelify.io app to just update (unpublish) in bulk all products that don't have images.

Then you wouldn't need to deal with the theme to hide them.

What do you think about that as a solution?

Maris

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://excelify.io
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Thanks for the answer, sounds like a 50$ pm answer :)

No sorry , I am pretty sure I can get there with couple lines of coding, hopefully helped by people that are in not just for the money :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
289 2 34

Ouch...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Sorry man, didnt mean to sound too harsh, but I've been reading this forum for quite a while now, seems to me that 90% of the times a shopify guru says to contact the expert team or an app dev says to get this app. 

To ME the idea of a forum is to learn together, to share knowledge. And many people, I think missget that as a way to make some more money from people that are obviously struggling with their creation. 

I do think that certain things should be sold but ,...hey we are on shopify forum and shopify is already a paid space, basic things , like a good community that helps the ones that struggle are priceless  I know, ...I just hope that someone that shares same beliefs will answer, to me and to many others that like me are not super technical but are trying hard to make things work.

......Anybody ....? :)

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
289 2 34

Thanks, Eferri, for sharing your feelings in more details.

I hear you, really.

The app I am making with my sweat and tears is meant to solve technical issues for people much easier than if there was no such. Thing is - I am here exactly for "NOT just the money", as I assume none of us are.

I am here because I want to help people, really - just the ability to provide that help doesn't come free on my side too, and if there was no money in this world, I would do the same thing I am doing now. Yes, the answer didn't give those code lines you were hoping, and I am not sure this will be so easy - for example, how will you remove that product from Google indexing it as a direct link to your product page? I believe you will figure it out, by patching all those places in your theme, just there will be quite a lot of individual patches needed. So I thought that I will give you a solution that you are really after, but in a different way (with my app).

If I were doing something just for the money, I would continue to work in FinTech and Banks as CTO, hit the buck and continue feeling miserable that I am not adding any real value into this world and for people.

But I get your point - Forum is usually a place to contribute to each other, and grow the knowledge together, as you say.

I apologize for being intrusive with offering my paid app as a solution...

Maris

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 0

Hi, Maris, it appears no one else offered a solution, so you being on the thread and suggesting a solution appears to be the most help this user has been offered. Nice job Maris, keep on coding!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Two years later and this is still something Shopify don't offer out of the box :/ But Marris, i do love using your App :) 

Excelify helps me manage big catalogues like a magician! Keep on making it better please :)

0 Likes