Im Trying to Make my Prices Bigger on the Minimal Standard Theme

Highlighted
27 0 0

Im trying to make my prices bigger on the minimal standard theme when looking at the collections list like in the picture below. How would I edit my code to make the prices bigger?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 27 58

Hey, Justin!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the Shopify support team.

There are a few ways you could accomplish this by making some tweaks to your theme code. In Minimal the sizing of the price is set to be 75% of the font above it. The code for this is found in two places in your theme files. The first spot is under Snippets>product-grid-item.liquid and the second is under Assests> theme.scss.liquid.

In this screenshot you can see the area that displays the price in the product-grid-item.liquid theme file. It has a class attached to it called "grid-link__meta". That connects to an area in your theme.scss.liquid file, which you can see in this screenshot. You'll see that font-size is set to .75em.

Your first option would be to adjust this number directly in your theme.scss.liquid file. The only issue with this is that this class is attached to other areas of your theme, and will affect sizing in a few places. If you're happy with the adjuments in more than one place, this is a simple method.

A second option would be to add a new class to your product-grid-item.liquid and theme.scss.liquid files that changes the size to 1em, equal to the sizing of the font above it. You can see how that would look in your code in the following two screenshots.

product-grid-item.liquid Screenshot
theme.scss.liquid Screenshot

Once you have changed these settings, your font size will update based on the size you choose in "Body Text" within the theme editor. Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Themes>Actions>Duplicate. Just in case.

I also wanted to mention, as Minimal is a Shopify developed theme, this is something I could reach out to our themes team to look into adjusting for you. If you don't feel comfortable changing your code, let me know and I can get that process started for you.

I hope this helps you get your prices looking a bit bigger. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions about it. You can give us a call too or start a live chat at any time. We're here 24/7 and are always happy to help out!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
21 1 0

Hi Lizzy, Just found this thread and was wondering if you or another Shopify Guru could have a look at my code? The price amount is rather small in comparison to the item. I did look at the Snippet grid file...didn't see what you mentioned..75em??? I'm also in Minimal Theme. Thank you. Diana

0 Likes