Solved

How can I create an image slider for my Simple Theme online store?

Inspiration
Excursionist
19 1 19

I am using the Simple Theme in shopify. My online store has lots of photos on some products and a few on others. I am wondering if anyone knows how to or even better if there's an app that takes the product images on each product page and turns the images into a slider type so that the customers on mobile can swipe through them or press an arrow for the next image. It would be great if this was similar on desktop too.

Accepted Solution (1)
Inspiration
Excursionist
19 1 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hey! A bit late but the solution I was using was image variant slider king or something like that. Worked great! I'm using GemPages now though and Gempages has a feature like this + drag and drop page editor.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

Hey there, @Inspiration!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to recommend a few alternative solutions for your slider needs.

Our app store offers a number of slideshow apps that you can check out. The Banner Slider by Secomapp App offers a 14 day free trial, and is free if you haven't yet made sales. Otherwise, the starting cost is $14.99/month USD depending on your Shopify plan. The Banner Slideshow App offers a free plan for up to 3 slides. You can upgrade to a paid plan if your store requires more than 3 slides. Finally, the Banner Slider - Image Slider App provides a free plan for a single slider and up to 3 slides. Similarly, if you need more slides you'll need to upgrade to a paid plan.

These apps will allow you to upload your product images and add a button or make the photos clickable to redirect your customers to visitors to specified pages. You can check out example stores of these apps provided on their pages, so you have an idea of how it would appear on your store visually. You can browse though additional related apps here

If you have any questions regarding either app, you can also locate the app developer contact information on the right hand side of the pages. I hope one of these apps is able to help you with your store's slider needs! If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know.

Cheers!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Inspiration
Excursionist
19 1 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hey! A bit late but the solution I was using was image variant slider king or something like that. Worked great! I'm using GemPages now though and Gempages has a feature like this + drag and drop page editor.

bluchill
Excursionist
30 0 4

I am also using the simple theme, has anyone tried this app: Ada IQ: Image Slider Gallery. It says it costs $1 and can be used to create unlimited slides.

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1128

Hi, 

I have this slick carousel that works in any theme, from debut to dawn. No app needed and it's free. 

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

disagreeable
4 0 0

Try using this slider Popty Slider