Solved

Image container not full width of page

jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

On the Lookbook page I have images shown in 2 columns. Right now they're at 50% width because anything more and it puts them all in one single column. 

How can I get this 2-column setup to take up the full page container width? Just like how the video on the home page does.

TEST SITE: https://doja-exclusives.myshopify.com/pages/lookbook

PW: aobrew

Accepted Solution (1)
jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

This is an accepted solution.

Replies 13 (13)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@jacauschi23 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.css file.

@media screen and (min-width: 1280px){
#lookbook .page-content{ width: 100% important; }
}

Hope this works.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

@dmwwebartisan unfortunately that didn't do anything

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@jacauschi23 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.css file.

@media screen and (min-width: 1280px){
body#lookbook .page-content { width:100%; }
}

Let me know if this works.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

@dmwwebartisan still not working. I placed the code into the bottom of assets/theme.css file. and then increased the width past 50% on the content editor of the page but it still makes them all go into just one column. This what I have as the CSS in the content editor of that page, anything past 50% and it puts them in 1 column. 

<style><!--
* {
  box-sizing: border-box;
}

.column {
  float: left;
  width: 50%;
  padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;
}

/* Clearfix (clear floats) */
.row::after {
  content: "";
  clear: both;
  display: table;
}
--></style>

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@jacauschi23 

I just checked your page. It looks fine and the images are in full width. 

jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

@dmwwebartisan  No thats how it has looked the whole time. They're at 50% width right now because any bigger and they automatically all go into one column instead of staying in two. I need the images to be bigger while retaining the 2 columns. 

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@jacauschi23 

Please check the following screenshot Before and After my code.

Before ( without my code )

before-my-code.jpg

After ( with my code )

after-put-my-code.jpg

Let me know if this is wrong.

jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

@dmwwebartisan Yes, that's how I would like it to look

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@jacauschi23 

So you are saying that after entering the above code at the bottom of theme.css file. The layout is not looking the same?

On my side, it is working. Please remove your history or check with incognito mode. The code should work.

Thanks!

jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

@dmwwebartisan it remains the same. Maybe you're viewing on a smaller screen than mine and thats why it looks larger to you.

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 485

Dear @jacauschi23 

• From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > themes.
  • Locate your current theme and then click Actions > Edit code.
  • After that in the Assets folder, click to open your theme.scss.liquid file.
  • Go to the very bottom of this file and paste the following code:

/* Start */
#lookbook .page-content .rte .row .column {float: inherit !important; width: 100% !important; padding: 0px 0px 15px 0px !important;} 
#lookbook .page-content .rte .row .column img {display: block}
/* End*/

• Save and check your theme by refreshing it.

jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

@MS-WEB-DESIGNER that didn't do anything

jacauschi23
Explorer
61 9 17

This is an accepted solution.

RESOLVED