Image error

Tourist
10 0 0

HI! with some help here I got my problem almost solved. So when I go to my products and I go to "more info" I cant see the big images in the center. Looks like now I can see the images on the side but they do not appear in the center. Here is a screenshot. Does someone know what I have to change in the code to make the images appear again?? THANKS! :)

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 2.35.46 PM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 41 87

Hi, there!

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team. I am more than happy to help you, but I will need to ask you a few more questions for troubleshooting to see if I can figure out why this appears to be happening. 

Have you done any customizations to your theme or your theme code recently? I think that could be why it isn’t showing up. The first options that come to mind would be either an adjustment to the liquid code in the back end of maybe your product page or your general theme code or maybe this could be related to an app that you just added to your store? 

May I also ask what theme you’re using?

Another option for our troubleshooting steps is to see if this is a cache issue. Can you go to an incognito browser and then take a look at your store to see if the images are showing up? When you go to an incognito browser it doesn’t have all the backed up metadata in your browser that could be affected this feature. If they are then you will just need to clear your browser's cache. This helpful link gives instructions on how to clear the cache for all browsers. Can you try that and then let me know how it works?

Note: When you clear your cache you will need to do it on your normal browser rather than the incognito browser. 

I know this is a lot of questions so I sincerely appreciate you helping me out as we work to solving this problem. If you could share your store URL of the page that this error is happening that will help me see if I see this on my side too.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi Dallas,

Its definitely a code problem. 

I am using Symmetry theme.

I followed the link you sent me about the browsers but the problem is still there. An user helped me with the code and the images on the side appeared again, so I am pretty sure that is a code problem. Could you help me with this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 41 87

I see! Thank you so much for the clarification here. 

So the Symmetry theme is actually a third party theme. Due to the fact that it's a third-party theme and that it was customized externally by another user, I won't be able to help by going into the code. If you would like to have someone go in and read the lines of code then the best option would be to reach out in a Shopify Expert. There are Experts there who should be able to help you in further detail. 

Alternatively, you could roll back to before the theme edits were done. This would remove everything that was added or adjusted, but it may also remove the errors that you're seeing.

In order to do that you will just need to go to your Shopify Admin and click on Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code. From there you will need to click on the liquid code file that you used when you made the adjustments. Right beside the name, you will see a bit of text that says Older Versions.

2020-01-oxlte-854fv

If you click on that you will be able to roll back to all previous versions. 

If the errors are removed when you roll the code back, but you want to keep your other edits, then you can copy the entire code file and compare the two using a free program like DiffChecker which will show you what is different between the two files (the old and the new). 

I want to be very clear, however. As easy it is to roll back your theme (since you can go back and forth an innumerable amount of times) when it comes to actually removing and adding code snippets it might be best to reach out to an Expert if you're not familiar with coding. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes