Image row with text overlay - Impulse theme

BenSp
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi all, 

I'm working with the impulse theme which has the cool feature that you can add sections on pages other than the homepage. The problem is that not all sections I can use on the home page are available on the other pages. For my design to work, I'd need something that looks like what they call promotion grid. Basically, it's a row of images with text boxes on top. For reference, see the image below - I don't even need the buttons, just the row with three or more images and a text box on top. 

I was unable to find a solution. Is there any chance to write a hard coded solution? Would be super grateful for help! 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-12 um 17.48.18.png

0 Likes
renus
Tourist
15 0 1

You can create copy of section and modify it as per your need

To Apply on page 1st make page template and assign that section

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on renusharma7@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : renusharma99
BenSp
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi! Thanks for the answer. 

I'm not sure if it solves my problem though. I don't need the section on the home page, I need it on another one. As mentioned, the Impulse theme offers sections on other pages beside the home page - but it doesn't offer a section that looks like the promotion grid. 

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1620 223 608

What @renus is saying is to make a copy of that section and remove the presets so that it's a static section and not a dynamic section (static you cant move around in the customize editor, it needs to be placed manually with the code to output it), then make a new page template for the page you want to have the section on. For instance if it's for your about us page, make a new page template called "about-us". When you navigate to the page in your admin, there'll be a dropdown in the bottom right where you can apply the template and you'll see "page.about-us" -- Then in the template you can build it like a standard HTML page and include the section wherever you want like:

<h1>{{ page.title }}</h1>

{% section 'promotion-grid' %}

//whatever your section is called should be in the quotes, not sure if it's actually promotion grid.

Then you can navigate to the page in your customize editor and you should have the section to play around with. 

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1620 223 608

If you need help I can request access to your store, I'd like to see how impulse works behind the scenes to see how they are achieving using sections on different pages.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
BenSp
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks a lot for your message!

Yes, please request access to the store. I think I'll need some further assistance It's socks-tales.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1620 223 608

Alright I requested access, I may not be able to get to it today but I will have time over the weekend. You'll have to pretty much do this for every page you want to apply custom sections to, unless I can figure out what Impulse is doing with the other sections that allows that. Is there a specific page that you want it for right now?

0 Likes
BenSp
Tourist
4 0 0

Great, thanks! I just sent you an email. 

0 Likes