Image size in a Featured Slider

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi,

First post, so I hope this is in the right place. Thanks in advance for any help...

I am using the Featured Slider in Narrative theme to highlight key product attributes, rather than link through to product variants, and have created PNG files in Photoshop with some simple type/icons to achieve this. The idea works, with a nice image on the left and the key themes scrolling to the right, but I'd like the PNG files to fill more of the space since they appear just a bit too small, even though they are saved plenty big enough. Is there a way I can reduce the amount of padding around the images so that they are just a bit easier to read?

Hopefully that makes sense? Perhaps this image clarifies my query better...

Slider-grab.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 49

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @YogurtNest

Subject to our Design Policy, if you are on a paid plan with us, are using a free Shopify theme, and have remaining design time, this is a customization our Theme Support would be happy to make for you. If you'd like to use some of your design time to have them integrate that change, let me know here and I'd be happy to get that started. Thanks! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi Brie, 

Thanks for the reply - that's very useful info to know. I wasn't aware of the complimentary design time.

I will be selecting a plan in a few days, once I have progressed a bit further with the site creation, so will check back in then to see about making this customisation happen.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 49

Hi, @YogurtNest

You're very welcome! That sounds great - feel free to let me know here and I'd be happy to get that going for you. Have a good one!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi Brie,

Now that I have moved onto a paid plan with a free theme, please could we look at using some design time to implement this change?

Thanks a lot,

Ross

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 49

Hi, @YogurtNest

I'd be happy to do that for you. I'll just need to verify your account details first, so I've just sent you an email. If you'd like to reply there, I can get that done ASAP. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also want to learn the same thing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 49

Hi, @Carlteston

Just to clarify, are you wanting to reduce the padding on the Featured Slider section as well? Are you also using the Narrative theme? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'd like to do the same. The images on the feature_slider are about 50% too small on both mobile and desktop.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 49

Hi, @begyourpardon

Are you also using the Narrative theme? Would you be able to send me a screenshot with an example of how large you'd like the images to be? Thanks! 

0 Likes