Import Customer Logins

Tourist
17 0 1

Hi there,

I'm just about to launch my new site.

I've imported all of my customer's data across but wanted to know something. They all have logins at the moment and rather than get them annoyed at having to create a new account on the new site, is there any way for me to import their login information e.g. email address and password into Shopify?

Ive got the Excelify app which seems to have a field for password but not really sure if this is actually possible and if I am right in thinking I can use the CSV import file for it?

Kind regards,

Frank

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
146 20 24

Hello, @chocoholic86

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

Customer accounts on Shopify require an invitation in order for them to be enabled. This is something that you can assist your customers with, and it can be done in bulk using an app. I recommend using Bulk Account Invite. With this app, you can invite your entire customer list to create an account, or send invites to specific customers based on the tags applied to their profile. Using this app instead of a CSV, is also a great way to keep your customer accounts secure, as their passwords would be kept private.

Please note that this app is created by a third party developer. If you need any assistance with setting the app up, editing the invite email, or any other functionalities of the app, please reach out to the developers directly. See this help doc for more information about contacting the developer.

Alternatively, you can also individually invite customers to create accounts directly from your Shopify admin. The steps on how to do this, and how to customize the invitation emails can be found here.

I understand why importing customer accounts would be beneficial to you, so thank you for bringing this to our attention; I am happy to let our developers know that I have received your feedback on this functionality. 

As one last check before launching your store, I suggest reviewing this checklist. If there is anything on there that I can help with, just let me know.

Best of luck with your launch!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes