Solved

Increase Width of Collection Description

ArtbyBala
Shopify Partner
28 0 4

Hello

I am using the Prestige Theme. In my collection pages, I want the description to span the width of the product images below. How can I edit the code to make this possible?

Thanks!
BalaCollection descriptionCollection descriptionWidth of images belowWidth of images below

Accepted Solution (1)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

This is an accepted solution.

You can put this at the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid file in your assets folder:

.SectionHeader__Description {
    max-width: 900px;
}

And adjust the pixel value for however you'd like it. If you want my honest opinion though I think it looks better small. You can see what it looks like without a max width if you change it to:

max-width: unset;
}

Which would effectively make that portion as large as the page itself.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

This is an accepted solution.

You can put this at the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid file in your assets folder:

max-width: 900px;
}

And adjust the pixel value for however you'd like it. If you want my honest opinion though I think it looks better small. You can see what it looks like without a max width if you change it to:

max-width: unset;
}

Which would effectively make that portion as large as the page itself.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
ArtbyBala
Shopify Partner
28 0 4

Great! thanks so much! I like it at the 900px width. Works good.

Bala

LaraLouisJane
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks - I was looking for how to do this, and it worked perfectly!

Sidonie
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I am wanting to so the same thing on the Blockshop theme, so my description text extends to the edge of the screen.
I tried putting this code but in theme.liquid but it didn't work - is there somewhere else I should put it?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 4.37.53 pm.png