Insert a table in Product Page under Description area

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me on this.

I have been trying to insert a table (2 columns x 5 rows) but it is not working, it will turn the details into a RTF font without any formatting.

Someone suggested to purchase an app - Description Table for $30.

Is this the only way to insert a table? by installing this app.

I'm after  2 column x 5 rows table with gold border line. Please note I'm very novice in coding.

Thanks,

Bobby

Highlighted
2 0 1

Sample table attached.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
80 2 8

Great questions. Does anybody know the answer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1445 195 523

Table example:

https://codepen.io/ninthony/pen/NWPNoNW

Table with divs and spans example:

https://codepen.io/ninthony/pen/NWPNopq

If it's the same table for everything you can put it under your {{ product.description }} in your product.liquid (templates folder) or product-template.liquid (sections folder) file. Alternatively if it's different for every product you can append it to the end of your product description by toggling HTML mode in the WYSIWYG editor.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
Highlighted
2 0 0

i am a programmer but not a liquid programmer and I am rusty.  Where does the CSS go in the shopify world? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1445 195 523

There is typically a css file in your Assets folder. It's usually named something like "theme.scss.liquid"

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you! I truly appreciate your help and comments! I’m a newbie obviously.
0 Likes