Instagram sharing option missing in supply theme

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out how I can add an Instagram button to my sharing options under theme setting. It shows up under social media setting under theme settings but when you go down to add sharing buttons on pages the options are Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest only, no Instagram option to click on (example pages are on product pages and Blog pages), any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 36 108

Hey, @Healthwise!

Just letting you know I've replied to you here on this topic:

At the moment, Instagram does not allow the sharing of a photo or video from a third-party website (in this case, Shopify would be the third-party site). The Instagram platform only allows you to upload content directly from within the app on your mobile device. This means that as there is no way to share content, there is no sharing button available to add directly to the product page. 

Can I ask why you wanted to let customers share your products to their Instagram feeds? Are you focusing on Instagram for your marketing campaigns, or would you have a large Instagram following at the moment? Let me know what you think!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes