Inventory movement

Does anyone know how I can move inventory from one store to my other store instead of importing them one by one
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
257 25 53

Hi, @Roro!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Do you still have access to both stores? If so, transferring inventory between stores is pretty simple. The easiest way to do this is to export your products as a CSV file and then import your products into your new store. This method allows you to transfer all of your products at once, without having to import them one by one. This is also the most common way to transfer inventory between stores. 

After the inventory is transferred, are you planning on operating both stores? You can easily do this and keep your inventory synced between the two by using an app like SyncLogic or Syncio Multi Store Sync. Both of these apps will automatically update your inventory between both stores in real-time once an item sells. They are quite popular amongst merchants who manage multiple stores and they also have some excellent reviews. If you do plan on using both stores, I recommend taking a look at these apps to see if they're a good fit for you. 

Are you dropshipping? If so, the process to transfer inventory isn't as straightforward, as you will need to ensure that your products are still in sync with the dropshipping app you're using. For example, if you are using Oberlo, then your products will no longer be synced with the Oberlo app once the inventory is transferred to the new store. Instead, you will need to sync your products with Oberlo using the override feature. You could also re-add the products directly through the dropshipping app to ensure that they are synced. If you're dropshipping, this is definitely something to keep in mind when you're transferring inventory. 

What's your reason for wanting to move inventory? Are you planning on expanding your business or are you going to be starting a brand new store? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes