Is it possible show logged in users a private members page

Excursionist
106 0 4
I know I would have to use a third party app but Shopify be modified to allow users who are logged in to see and access a private page, Subscription pages, I don’t like to use third party apps as I tend to only want to deal with Shopify and I’m sad Shopify didn’t do this, I can see Shopify able to do this, on the admin it has certain tags we can create so I could of just created a members tag and link that with a collection that logged in memebers can see, maybe a feature request is neeed as I don’t believe using a third party is always the best option, sometimes Shopify can just add functionality that is kinda already there.
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
96 17 12

@skytowner11 - There is a variable tag that allows you tap into if someone is "logged in" and that can be joined with a tag requirement.    It would look like this:

{% if customer %}
{% for tag in customer.tags %}
{% if tag contains 'ENTER_TAG_HERE' %}
{% assign private_member == tag %}
{% endif %}
{% endfor %}
{% endif %}

{% if private_member %}
<!---PRIVATE MEMBER CONTENT--->
{% endif %}

Hope this helps steer you in the right direction!

0 Likes
Excursionist
106 0 4
Hello thanks, so help me wrap my head around this, say I create a collection with my different products in there and I want only members who are logged in to access these items, what exactly would this code do, I know I would tag customers in the backend the best way that I can but I’m thinking how could they log in to view it, how would they access it if they log in etc,
0 Likes
Excursionist
106 0 4
And also I want to make sure if anyone copies the URL they can’t view the page without logging in
0 Likes
Excursionist
106 0 4
Is there any updates on this, is there a way I can email you to discuss further
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
96 17 12

@skytowner11 - If you need a developer to insert the code for you for whatever reason, you can feel free to email us direct for a quick proposal and/or you can reach out for help via the Shopify Experts listings.

projects@cascadiaconsulting.co

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9807 92 1560

@skytowner11 wrote:
And also I want to make sure if anyone copies the URL they can’t view the page without logging in

The url will always be accessible but the content can be masked.

If you do this on a collection page, the product info will still be accessible if you know where to look. So are you looking to hide content or products?
You'll also need to consider what you do in terms of other things like storefront search page results. 

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Excursionist
106 0 4
0 Likes