Is it possible to change the productweight through a tag?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
52 0 1

Do you know a way how to do that?

I would need it for my shipping rates

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 31 66

Hi, @lordlauzi !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you.

This may be possible to do, but would require quite a lot of custom coding to achieve. In which case an alternative would be to use an app. Some options for this include:

Each of these apps will require you to have Carrier Calculated Shipping configured on your store. Though this is free with the Advanced plan, or on any plan with Annual billing (which also saves you 10% off of your total invoice). It can still be added outside of both of these options for an additional fee of $20 per month.

An alternative option would be to use different variants to allow you to have different sizes of a particular product for example, each with a different weight.

Then you could set up weight based shipping which would trigger a different shipping rate, depending on the weight of the order.

The default shipping settings within the admin can be arranged based on total order price or total order weight. However if you would like to have per-product shipping, you can do this with the use of an app such as;

I hope this helps, do feel free to let me know if you have any questions at all.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes