Is there a simple way to add customer notes on product pages?

Highlighted

Can I add a text field for customers to add notes on the product page? I am doing personalized items, and I'd like to have a title for the text box and a text box, so customers can provide certain information on how they want the products to look as part of the personalization process. I am using the Minimal theme. This seems simple, but any app that includes a text box also includes a lot more, all for a lot of money, at least that I could find. 

Thank you!

P.S. I know the grammar is terrible. I'm tired.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
157 16 28

Hi, @InfinityParkour!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I understand having apps in your store can add up when there's an extra cost attached. I've raised a feature request on your behalf so our team can consider adding these fields in future releases. This is not a guarantee, but it can certainly help push ideas forward. In the meantime, we do have some workarounds that will help you add in a text box.

Depending on how comfortable you are with coding, we do have a guide that walks you through step by step how to add custom fields to your products pages. You can check it out here: https://bit.ly/2ZchoHE. Keep in mind that this does require you to edit some of the stores coding. As such, it's not supported by Shopify, meaning we're not able to fix it if something goes wrong. Whilst the guide does walk you through step by step, please keep that in mind. If you're unsure, I'd recommend duplicating your theme first and trying the customisation there so it does not affect your live store if something does go wrong. You can have up to 20 themes downloaded at any given time. If you choose this option, as you're changing the code yourself, you won't be out of pocket at all.

If the above option isn't right for you, then our next two options are Shopify Experts and Apps. Shopify Experts is a marketplace of developers who partner with Shopify. You can browse experts from different areas as well as post a job for experts to provide you quotes on. This is a paid service, but unlike apps, it's a once-off charge, rather than a monthly cost.

For apps, you likely won't find an app that just adds a text box. This will be why you're finding apps with many features. With that being said, if custom coding and experts aren't for you, I'd recommend checking out Uploadery. Although it does come with a monthly charge, it's a great app that I use in my own store. It allows you to add a text box, and also upload images and files. If you're looking at something cheaper, Infinite Options is also a great option by the same company who makes Uploadery.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Thank you for your response! I'll definitely check out the coding walk
through - I'll be sure to duplicate first. Thank you for the detailed
information!
0 Likes