Is there a theme that will allow me to have a top navigation and custom sidebar for each collection?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

I was thinking about using Parallax because it stated that I could have both a side and top navigation bar, but as I was configuring my site I realized that only one menu could be be on the side navigation bar. 

I have different flags that I offer on clothing in my shop, but each flag has a bunch of different designs. 

I want the top navigation to say "T-shirts, Sweatshirts, Decor, Accessories" and when someone clicks on "T-shirts" it will display all the T-shirts I offer in every design with every flag but the side bar should have menu to choose what flag you want to view, so when you click on a flag in the sidebar you can see all the t-shirt design with that flag. 

I though I figured it out with the parallax them because it lets you choose a menu for the side bar but the issue is that that same menu appear on all collection pages. So that if some clicks on the T-shirt option it displays all the T-shirts I offer in every design with every flag and when they click on a flag in side bar it shows all the t-shirt designs with that flag, but if they click on Sweatshirts it displays all the Sweatshirts I offer in every design with every flag and when they click on a flag in side bar it shows all the t-shirt designs with that flag, instead of sweatshirts because that menu is only attached to the t-shirts design as it won't let me put a unique menu in the side bar for each collection. 

It won't let me create unique side bars for each collection. It will only display one sidebar across all collections. 

Is there any theme that will let me create unique sidebars for each collection with out having to mess with the code? 

I feel like this is a pretty simple ask, I don't understand why it's so difficult to find theme that offers both top navigation along with unique sidebar navigation. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Nevermind I figured it out but i'll keep this up in case anyone needs it as well.

I'm not sure about other themes but with the Parallax theme I was able to create unique sidebar navigation for each collection with this guide:

How to create unique sidebars for different collections 

I had to edit the theme a bit which is always a little daunting but it was actually really simple and easy with guide and I now have the exact look I was going for with my website (still building it, but it's looking great!)

0 Likes