Is there a way for someone to purchase from my online store?

Highlighted
4 0 0

I don't know if I'm missing something or not, but I can't seem to find a way for someone to click "purchase" or "buy" or "add to cart" from my Shopify store.

I am using the Debut theme. I don't want anything fancy - I just want someone to be able to add an item to a cart from my online Shopify store. What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1046 61 124

Hi there @saumirah!

Don here from Shopify.

Would you mind sharing a link to your store with us here so we can check this out together?

Have you been able to create products in your admin to begin with, and have you been able to link them up in your store's navigation so customers can browse them on your store?

Let us know what you've been able to do so far, and share the link to your store so we can dig into this a bit further.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @Don,

Thanks for your response! Here is my store: https://dancedazedanceboards.com/

I'm not sure what else to do so that there are links so that people can click the products. I added more information than what is showing, and I don't know how to make it an actual store so that people can purchase. I'm assuming there is something I haven't done, but I don't know what that is.

Thanks,

Saumirah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1046 61 124

Hi again!

Don from Shopify once more.

Thanks for that link!

I was able to navigate through your website from the main menu, selecting the 'catalog' option where I was able to see your products.

From there, I could click in to view an individual product where I was able to click 'add to cart' or 'buy it now' as you can see in this short video capture

Would you rather display more of your products on your store's homepage?

If so, you can work on customising this in the Online store > Themes > Customise theme menu in your admin.

Head there in your admin and take a look at adding some sections to the homepage if you want to feature a product or collection there.

If you're still starting out setting up your store, you might benefit from checking out our live or recorded webinars

Let me know what you'd ideally like to be able to do for your store, so we can work on that together.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you! Is there a way to make the items clickable on the "Home" page or do I need a different theme for that? I can't figure out how to make the front page clickable in any way. I have tried to remove the Catalog from the navigation... I just want people to be able to click straight from the front page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I solved this issue by changing templates. I was getting an error message for the HTML anyway. Not sure why--I had not attempted to edit any code. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1046 61 124

Hi again @saumirah!

Don from Shopify once more.

Thanks for getting back to me here to let me know you had found a way to proceed.

We're still available here for any other questions you have on how to proceed or how to set up your store's homepage (or anything else in your store).

I'd also recommend you check out our YouTube Help Centre for more video tutorials, and if you want to proceed even further, you can check out our Academy Courses for more in-depth e-commerce education.

Let us know if you need us here at any point.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes