Is there a way to duplicate draft orders or invoices?

Gillian3
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

I am looking for a way to duplicate a draft invoice or order and can't seem to find one. I have the customers reorder app but Id like to be able to duplicate an order myself to send out an invoice to a customers. 

For information - I'd like to be able to draft up an invoice, add a discount code to allow a part payment, send to customer then be able to  copy the same invoice and apply a different discount code to allow the final payment then send to my customer. 

Is there a way of doing this copy/duplicate from admin side rather than customer.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Britton_Jenner
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
398 0 76

Hi Gillian,

Britton here with the Shopify support team.

At the current time there isn't a way to duplicate a draft order or save one as a kind of template for future use. This seems like a really good idea though, so I'll pass this along to our developers for you as a feature request :)

-Britton

Britton Shopify Guru
0 Likes
Josi_Biddle
1 0 0

Not sure if you have figured all this out yet but I recently saw Lay Buy - Powered by PayPal. It allows customers to make partial payments - and wouldn't mess with your inventory either. (Sending two invoices would deduct the item out of your inventory twice, it seems.)

0 Likes

Hi Gilian3,

I have made an app that let's you duplicate draft order with a workaround.

The app name is Draft Helper ( https://apps.shopify.com/draft-helper ) , there's a free plan you can try out.

After installing the app, go to your draft order , select "More actions" > "Edit note attributes".

Then don't do anything on that page, and click "Create new draft with changes", this will duplicate the current draft order.

note1.png

note2.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Axel Kee

Spent too much support time dealing with order cancellation request from customer? Wouldn't it be good if customer can cancel order on their own without bugging your support? Try out Cancellable app! https://apps.shopify.com/cancellable . I also write articles about store customization that can improve your customer shopping experience here : Yagi Software Blog
0 Likes