Is there a way to tranfer website from Godaddy to SHopify

1 0 0

I have a website I created on go daddy. Is there a way to transfer from godaddy to Shopify with out starting all over?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
258 25 54

Hey, @bevC!

Julie here from Shopify Support. Great question.

While you can most definitely transfer your GoDaddy domain to Shopify, I'm afraid it's not possible to transfer over the GoDaddy website you created. This is because Shopify websites are built on a unique code language called Liquid.

Instead, you'll just need to select a theme from our Theme Store, where you'll find a collection of both free and premium themes. Once you choose a theme, you can use our user-friendly Theme Editor to easily customize the content and structure of your pages. This should help you achieve something pretty similar to what you currently have with GoDaddy. As you begin your search for a theme, we also have a blog post, "How to Pick the Perfect Theme for Your Shopify Store" you might find useful. This post provides a good overview of the Shopify Theme Store and how you can use search and filter tools to find the right theme for your store.

Once you've selected a theme, I recommend checking out our YouTube tutorial, "Introduction to the Shopify Theme Editor". This will teach you everything you need to know about how to modify your theme, from adding and removing sections to changing the fonts and colour scheme. It's also a great resource if you've never used our Theme Editor before. 

As a starting point, I recommend browsing our Theme Store to see which themes are most similar to your existing website. If you are able to share a link to your GoDaddy website, I'd also be happy to share some suggestions on a few similar themes. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes