Is there are way to exclude customers with certain tags from abandoned cart emails

Jamey_Medlock
3 0 1

I am working on setting up a wholesale side to my site. I realized when using a test account that my abandoned cart email is being sent to my test account with a "wholesale" customer tag. Is there an easy way to exclude customers with certain tags from an automated email?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 93

Hey, Jamey, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

At this time, there is no way to exclude certain customers fro receiving abandoned cart emails from your Shopify store. You can only turn the feature on or off. Check out this page to learn more. 

That said, can you tell me a bit more about why you want a feature like that? 

Alternatively, if you choose to turn the emails off, you can then get abandoned cart emails from a third party provider. I took a look in out App Store, and I wasn't able to find an app that did exactly what you required, but you can take a look at the options and reach out to developers to double check here

However, what I would recommend would be to get a custom solution built. That way you and a developer can create exactly what you need from your abandoned cart emails. You can see a list of third party experts, and post a job on this page

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jamey_Medlock
3 0 1

Hi Ann,

I offer a discount code in my abanddoned cart emails and I am working on setting up wholesale customers so I don't want them to receive discount codes. I talked with MailChimp and they have a way to exclude email addresses ;-)

Jamey

Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 93

Hey, Jamey, 

Thanks for the detailed response! I can definitely see how that feature would benefit you and your store. In this case, I will pass this feedback along to our developers and maybe this will be something we can add to our abandoned cart feature in the future. 

Happy to hear you were able to find a solution with MailChimp! 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
amandafitterer
1 0 0

I'm wondering if this feature has been added?

I'm in the exact same need right now!

Thanks,

Amanda

0 Likes