Issue with Facebook videos embedded on website not displaying

Tonimerc
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi - I've got a gallery of videos on my site - all embedded from Facebook. Even though all the videos have the same settings, some are displaying and others aren't. I was wondering if anyone else had come across this issue and if they managed to resolve it? I just can't see what is causing the issue.

Also they were all working fine for weeks, these ones have just suddenly stopped working and I haven't made any changes to the facebook posts for there to be an issue. 

The site is www.dunnespremierhouse.ie - You'll see there are about 4 videos that are showing as unavailable.  

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
498 40 80

Hello Tonimerc,

Are you sure that all the videos that are not showing are available on Facebook? I just checked three of the videos that are unavailable on your site and found that they are not found on Facebook. Please check that these videos are really available on Facebook. Maybe they have been deleted.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If you found this comment useful then please hit Like and Accept the Solution!
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via email or private message.
Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
Contact me on: community@accomplishify.com
0 Likes
Tonimerc
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi  

Thanks for coming back to me. The videos are available and can still be seen in our posts on our Facebook page, they are all set to public so can be viewed by anyone. For some reason when I go to take the embed code now for some of the videos I'm just getting that error message. I haven't deleted them or made any changes to the videos or the posts so I'm just at a loss as to why they would suddenly stop working. I find it strange that some of the videos work while the others don't when they all have the same settings. Not sure where to go for support on this. All suggestions welcome.

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
498 40 80

Hello @Tonimerc,

suggest you go and copy the link of each video on Facebook and edit them again on your website. Reload the page (your website) after each modification to see if it works.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If you found this comment useful then please hit Like and Accept the Solution!
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via email or private message.
Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
Contact me on: community@accomplishify.com
0 Likes