Issue with Variants - Selecting an image not changing the variant.

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi all wondering if you could help.

So I am developing my first Shopify store and I'm having issues with the variants of the product. So if the user selects the variant through the drop down the image changes to correct variant but if the user clicks on the image it won't change to that variant. This has caused some user to accidentally purchase the wrong one. I have been looking for a solution and while I could go down the route of them choosing the variant through the image only, it didn't work. I think it would be easier if the user could only select an image through the drop down and not both ways. Any help would be great.

Theme - Debut

Store - siegeequip.com

Image way I tried but didn't work - https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-select-variants-by-clicking-images 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7645 1051 2655

Hello, @Oliver_Evenden 

Thanks for post.

I have checked for this issue in real system and browserstack but it is working ok. In which system configuration or browser you are checking?

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

@KetanKumar So i'm using chrome and if you change the variant in the drop down the image will also change but if you click on the image then the drop down won't change. The problem with this is that some customers thinking they have chosen the item they clicked the image of and so are getting the wrong order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Same for me, drop down updates the main image displayed, but clicking one of the variant images does NOT update the variant drop down selected.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7645 1051 2655

Hello, @DPInnovations 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7645 1051 2655

@DPInnovations 

Thanks 

i have check this is working fine 

KetanKumar_0-1599074593964.png

KetanKumar_1-1599074612720.pngKetanKumar_2-1599074622854.pngKetanKumar_3-1599074638418.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Sorry, but no it is not.

The drop down IS correctly displaying the associated variant image, BUT, if you click on one of the images below the main image, the variant drop down is not updated.

Thus, a user selects an IMAGE, likes it, places it in the cart, but the item in the cart is according to the Drop Down, NOT the image he selected.

Here's a video; https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypebfc76di8mjm8/rcrecord_0.mp4?dl=0

Thanks, Steve.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7645 1051 2655

@DPInnovations 

Thanks for details may this is back code 

can you please share here... 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

This is the standard, un-modified, Debut theme.

I'm guessing this is not a fault, it's just something that has not been implemented in this FREE theme.

0 Likes