Jumpstart - Image - Mobile Horizontal cuts off bottom half

11 0 0

Hi There,

I'm having the reverse issue that this previous poster had: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Collection-Page-Images-Being-Cut-Off-On-Desktop/m-p/5...

My carousel image (which is only 1) looks good in desktop version. See attached for Desktop view.

Desktop_Image.PNG

But when I use a mobile device, and see it horizontally, I get the following image.

KLOAK Mobile Horizontal.png

Is there a way to have this be resolved through the coding?

Let me know if you can help!

0 Likes
Explorer
55 5 7

@KloakBlankets Did you fix this? If not yet, let me know

Tender - Shopify Theme Design/Development Group
techdevcrazy@gmail.com
0 Likes
11 0 0
I'm still trying to figure out how to address this, so any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much
0 Likes
Explorer
55 5 7

@KloakBlankets Seems like you are using a slideshow section to show just an image. So I think you will be good to replace the slideshow section with an image section. If you need further help, I can help you

techdevcrazy@gmail.com
0 Likes
11 0 0

To my knowledge, the main way to generate a full section image is to use the slideshow function, and reduce it to 1 item.

The other choice available was Image with Text Overlay, but it results in cropping 50% of the image.

Let me know if you have an easy way to address the mobile viewing issue. I've now found it's intermittent for when it's being caused, so it could be a device specific issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Explorer
55 5 7

@KloakBlankets It's a weird way of using slideshow for an image. If you do that way, javascript will be executed to initialize slideshow and the problem comes from this. Also DOM size will be increased too. This slows down page speed as well. So the best way is to create a new section that shows an image and use it.

techdevcrazy@gmail.com
0 Likes
11 0 0

Thanks Laurels. Let me take some time to review and see if we can use the imaging options that are available. Issue has been that for the image options, they have a very thin bar that's 70% of the original image height.

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi Laurels. Still working on this. should have an update by end of this weekend.

0 Likes