Jumpstart Theme Featured Product page

2 0 0

I am using the Jumpstart theme, I'm adding a Featured Product. Whenever I add a Featured product - the word "BUY" is the first word and I cannot remove it? Why is this work there? What am I missing? I've tried editing code - but cannot find it?
Thx

Mark

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi @Jamesbond007 !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you.

Great questions! This text is here as this section works as a "call to action" enticing your customers to click through to buy your product. I can however understand that you might like to adjust this text. 

This can be done from within the theme language editor:

Admin > Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit Language > Homepage > 'Buy'

04-22-zzhnz-4b8gh

Here you can remove this text, before clicking 'save' or add in your own preferred text.

We do also have some more info on working with the Jumpstart theme here which you may find helpful.

Feel free to let me know how this goes for you, of if you have any questions at all.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Katy - thank you very much. That worked perfectly. I had seen that option
but thought it was the Buy button in the header. Question though - when I
add a featured product - the code automatically imports the product
description and puts the word BUY in from of the first word in my
description. Which makes sense - kind of. But why isn't the buy button
clickable?
Thx
Mark
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Thanks so much for your reply @Jamesbond007 !

With the featured products on your home page,  once you have removed this text the word 'Buy' should then no longer show. It should display the product details only. If you find that it is still showing for you, do please let me know with an example and I can certainly take a closer look.

It would be possible to make this clickable, however as there is already a call to action button below the featured product by default, it would not be recommendable to have this both directly above and below your feature product.

13-03-knjx5-b3r14

Do let me know your thoughts on this, of if you would like me to have a closer look.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
2 0 0

What happened to the Jump start theme?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @jax071 !

Thanks so much for joining in here.

The Jumpstart theme had been sunset and removed from our Theme store on September 30th this year. It is now no longer available for download to stores.

We will however still be offering support for this theme (via the design policy). Of course outside of this you are welcome to seek assistance within our Community or with Partners and Experts.

You can also still access the help center guides for this theme via your theme customizer by clicking on the 'theme settings' button.

Is there a particular reason you are looking for this theme, or is there something that I can help you with in particular? Do feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
2 0 0
Thank You for your response. What theme do you have that is most similar
to Jumpstart.

Jackie
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

You're welcome, @jax071!

Instead of Jumpstart, you could perhaps try out Narrative? This also has a focus on selling a single product. Other(paid) options which you may like to consider include:

Is there a particular feature that you liked most about Jumpstart? We do have the option to search through our Theme Store based on specific features which may help. 

You may also like to have a read of our blog article on 'How to Pick the Perfect Theme for your Store'.

I hope this helps, though do feel free to let me know if you have any questions at all.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes