Link Block Font Colour

NatashaF
Tourist
6 0 3

Hello all,

I am currently using Link Blocks on our webpage and have discovered how to remove the darkened opacity. After I brought the opacity up to 0, the white label text within the link blocks are very hard to read. How can I change the colour of this font from white to black?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi @NatashaF Try to use the HTML inspector to locate the link blocks and then set  the css rule "color: black" to change the font color. I have a video https://youtu.be/z_mu45rbpeM about how to change the font styles for Shopify store webpage, you may find the elements in the video are different, but the idea is the same. It shouldn’t be too hard, let me know how it goes.

Visit my Shopify Youtube channel to learn how to code your Shopify store and fix various coding issues on Shopify.(subscribe if you like it :)).
Glad to help out and wish your Shopify store great success.
0 Likes
NatashaF
Tourist
6 0 3

I was able to preview the changes in the Inspection mode in my browser but I could not find the code in the Code Editor. 

After previewing the potential font colour change, I've come to realize the only way that will work with the pictures being used in the link block is if I could change the font background to grey and change the opacity to 50%. Is there a way to do this? And if so, where can I find this code in the Code Editor?

Another option I've thought of would be to move the text below the image instead of overlaying it. Any way of doing this?

0 Likes

Hi @NatashaF in your admin ui, under Online store -> Themes -> Actions -> Edit Code, you will find the code editor.

You could do 

background-color: #888;
opacity: 0.5;

Visit my Shopify Youtube channel to learn how to code your Shopify store and fix various coding issues on Shopify.(subscribe if you like it :)).
Glad to help out and wish your Shopify store great success.
0 Likes