Liquid Error Message on every page

Ela-Bella
2 0 0

Hello,

I have the following error message on the top of my homepage:

Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/meteor-menu.liquid Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/buddha-megamenu-before.liquid Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/buddha-megamenu.liquid Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/buddha-megamenu-wireframe.liquid

I had installed the apps mentioned in this error message but I no longer need/use them and thus, deleted the apps.

Can someone help?

0 Likes
Guleria
Shopify Partner
1254 263 344

Hello,

You have to manually edit files and remove the code which was added by app while installation.
It looks like this

{% include 'meteor-menu.liquid' %}
{% include 'buddha-megamenu-before.liquid ' %}

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com, Skype: navrocks1
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
4356 977 1243

Hi

file is missing your theme snippets folder . 

please email me i will try to solve your problem.

Thnaks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages - check here PageFly App
0 Likes
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
177 1 107

Hi @Ela-Bella,

There are several problems to address here, but first, regarding the code snippet from Meteor Mega Menu, you can either:
a) use the app's uninstall tool to remove theme code
b) follow these directions to remove theme code manually

Here's more information about why you're experiencing this issue and how to avoid it in the future:

Problem #1 - installing 2 apps that do basically the same thing

Doubling up on any kind of app will almost always break that part of your store. In this case, both apps are used to display mega menus on your website's navigation. It's kind of like hiring two painters to paint your house different colors at the same time. It's going to be messy and it's not going to be pretty!

Problem #2 - installing apps onto your live theme OR uninstalling apps from live theme without removing the app's code snippets
Some apps inject code snippets into your live theme automatically as soon as you install the app. Yikes! That means you may be publishing undesired changes that your customers can see without you even knowing it. Even worse, if you uninstall the app without removing these code snippets, then you (and your customers!) will see Liquid errors like the ones you mentioned above.

Solutions! How to avoid these problems in the future.

When you install a new app you should always:

• Duplicate your live theme (ie: Debut -> Copy of Debut)
  • Install the app you're testing on the duplicate theme (ie: Copy of Debut)
  • Rename the duplicate theme (ie: Debut - Meteor Mega menu testing)

If you follow these steps and decide not to keep an app, then you can simply delete the duplicate theme (ie: Debut - Meteor Mega menu testing) and it will be as if you never installed an app to begin with! Otherwise...

Before you uninstall an app you should always:

• Check for tool to "remove theme code" or "uninstall the app from your theme". 
  • Not all app developers make it these easy, but others will likely have help articles that will guide you through removing app snippets from your theme's code
  • If you can't find either option above, you need to contact the app developer for assistance in removing the app's code. (and lesson learned: you probably shouldn't have installed an app like that to begin with)

These are the best practices for installing/uninstalling apps in order to protect your site's theme code.

PS: Helium apps will never automatically inject theme code-- only you have the power to publish app content onto your theme, but we still recommend publishing content (such as menus created via Meteor Mega Menu) on a duplicate theme. Once you're happy with how things look, then publish that theme as your live theme!

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu
0 Likes