Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/sh_sbve-theme-snippet.liquid

Shopify Partner
18 0 0

On my website right at the bottom, there is a line of text that states, "Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/sh_sbve-theme-snippet.liquid"

I am still new to the whole .liquid coding and I have no idea how to resolve this. Can anybody give me some general direction?

My website is mrsbest.co.uk and as it's not yet live, the password is 'flourish'.

TIA.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I'm receiving the same error - some help would be great! 

Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/sh_sbve-theme-snippet.liquid

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

Hi Lesley,

After much discussion with Shopify and the theme creator, they advised it's most likely caused by an app. I couldn't identify which one it was but I deleted a couple of recent ones which I'd added and I had to restore back to a previous copy of my theme. 

If you go into admin and preview older copies of your theme then you can see if the error is removed before re-instating.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Sarah,

what do you mean by "I had to restore back to a previous copy of my theme."? Is this another theme that I use?

Yes when I Previewing my other theme I do not find "Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/sh_sbve-theme-snippet.liquid" error. I even publish the old theme, and tried to back to Venture. Still have that message.

I thing this is very annoying eror that many people had. if you google it, there's so many shop that have this error.

Is there any way to reset the theme? or DIY guide to get rid of this message?

Thank you.

0 Likes
9 0 0

Same problem here. Did anyone ever figure out what was causing it?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9800 91 1553

Any Liquid error that starts with "Liquid error: Could not find asset..." means that you have code in place that wants to use a file, but it doesn't exist. Reasons why it doesn't exist:

• The code is wrong, and is asking for the wrong file. If you've made recent edits to your theme double check that you're referencing the right snippet or section name. Or,
  • The file has been deleted.

If the file has been deleted, you'd need to restore that file by grabbing it from an earlier version of your theme. This assume you follow the best practice of editing a copy of your published theme. If you don't have that file anymore see if the name has some relationship to an app on your store. If it doesn't contact the dev for the app or review their help docs. They may have instructions on how to re-add it.

If you've added code that's just wrong you can revert to a previous version of that file you changed.

If you're at a loss, the other option is to find that code that is referencing that missing file and delete it.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, 

For me that have no knowledge before about html, the fastest way to correct this is delete/uninstall the theme. 

After that reinstall and set up again, this is solve the problem, the simple way. Lol.

Don't worry your set up like pages, collection, blog will not deleted. All you need to do is reorganized the theme. 

Hope this help. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9800 91 1553

^ Deleting/removing the theme is bad advice. There should be no reason to do that given that you can install themes unpublished in addition to the one already published.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
1 0 0

I am having the same issue and it looks as if you all found out the issue and were able to remove the error ... Can someone please tell me how you did so? :)

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi everyone, 

I am having the same error. I do not want to delete my theme in case there are any problems like deleting of products or my fonts, etc. I have over 400 products and variants and can't take that risk. Is there any other way to get rid of this message (or to find out which app is causing the problem)? I have only noticed the problem now but for all I know it has been there since January. 

0 Likes