Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'article-template' is not a valid section type

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello, 

I just launch my store last week and I wanted to use the blog feature but it is not working. Does anyone know why I'm seeing this error?

Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'article-template' is not a valid section type

I followed all the blog steps and the post is live on my site but when I navigate to the url all I see is the error. 

url: https://dad-baby-socks.myshopify.com/blogs/news/how-this-dad-is-getting-ready-for-their-baby

If anyone knows how to fix this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

Osaretin

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 0 23

Hey Osaretin,

This is Oswald, a Guru here at Shopify!

This error is due to the file article-template.liquid not found in your theme. Not sure if you have done any modifications to your theme files but it looks like it got deleted or there is a misspelling on the file name. 

I would like to take a closer look into this for you and place the original file back into your theme.  if could email me at support@shopify.com to the attention of Oswald from your email associated with your account that will be great! :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to the Guru team. :)

Cheers!

Oswald | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hi Oswald, I have the same problem can you please send me the same file and I will place it into its directory?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Good afternoon - 

I'm having a similar issue. Can you send me over the template you sent to the other couple of gentlemen?

Thanks,

Warren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Check theme sections. Is there 'article-template' is exist or not. Sometime "theme watch" command does not track folder and section.

In that case exit "theme watch" and try again with some change. 

It's appended with me and i successfully solved by this way. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello friend, I have that problem on the page and I am very worried, could you help me?

Liquid error: error in the 'section' tag - 'product template' is not a valid section type

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi, is there any way you are able to help me with this? I have the same problem when trying to post a blog! Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I encounter this message and I have about 100 visitors right NOW and it won't let my customers make a purchase or check out. PLEASE

HELP, what can I do or can you please fix the issue? help. 

Please get back with me as soon as you can, I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Zeba

@Oswald wrote:

Hey Osaretin,

This error is due to the file article-template.liquid not found in your theme. Not sure if you have done any modifications to your theme files but it looks like it got deleted or there is a misspelling on the file name. 

I would like to take a closer look into this for you and place the original file back into your theme.  if could email me at support@shopify.com to the attention of Oswald from your email associated with your account that will be great! :)

Cheers!

Oswald | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Oswald Hi Oswald, I also experienced the Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'product-template' is not a valid section type - would you be able to provide me with the product-template file?

Thanks! 

@Zeba wrote:

I encounter this message and I have about 100 visitors right NOW and it won't let my customers make a purchase or check out. PLEASE

HELP, what can I do or can you please fix the issue? help. 

Please get back with me as soon as you can, I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Zeba

@Oswald wrote:

Hey Osaretin,

Cheers!

Oswald | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Please help me, I think I deleted something and now I have this on my website "Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'quotes' is not a valid section type" @Oswald 

0 Likes