Liquid error (line 210): Could not find asset snippets/bs-tabs.liquid

Tourist
5 0 2

Hello,

My product description is now showing this error on all product pages now and I can't seem to find a solution to this anywhere.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1838 170 528

Hi Cheryl Brower

Without knowing what theme you are using it is hard to tell why this error is showing up. In case you're using a commercial theme it will also be very hard to advise you here on the forum.

I'd backtrack what changes you've made recently:

1. Did you install any new apps?
  2. Did you make any changes to your theme?
  3. Did yu change any settings or add new sections in Theme Editor?

Hope that helps!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
723 63 97

Hey Cheryl,

It's hard to tell without having the code at hand. You might want to look into sections/product-template.liquid file in your Theme's code editor and search for bs-tabs. You should see something similar to:  

{% include "bs-tabs" %}

Just delete that line and you should be good. If you can't locate it, try going through each {% include in the sections/product-template.liquid, take the name of the file being included, find it under sections or snippets folder on the left hand side tree of your Theme's code editor and look for bs-tabs in it.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Deleting that line of code got rid of the error, but my product description still isn't showing.

I am using the supply theme. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1838 170 528

The original clean slate Supply theme does not have any snippet called bs-tabs.liquid suggesting that you have used an app that may have altered your product-template. I'd suggest trying to rollback to older versions of that template - one where that {% include bs-tabs %} wasn't in it to begin with.

Hope that helps!

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Rolled it back to a later date and it fixed the issue! Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1838 170 528

Awesome, glad it works again!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
320 30 52

Hi, Cheryl!

This is May from Shopify.

From my experience, it looks like this error is caused by a product tabs app that you have recently installed. What the error means, it that your theme code is looking for a file called ‘bs-tabs.liquid’ in your ‘Snippets’ folder. You can find this folder by opening up your theme code editor. There is a good chance that like this error occurred because you have not completed the installation steps for this particular app. To resolve this, you can either contact the theme developer for further instructions, or like Sergiu and Karl mentioned above, you can remove

{% include bs-tabs %}

from line 210 in the theme code. It’s hard to tell where the code is located without directly looking at your account.

I am not an expert in coding, but I think there is also one other thing you can do. Although this is not an ideal solution, creating an empty bs-tabs.liquid file could possibly remove the error. You can create this file from your theme editor.

1. From your admin, click on ‘Online Store > Actions > Edit Code’.

2. You will see a list of folders on the left side, click on ‘Snippets > Add a new snippet’.

3. Call the snippet ‘bs-tabs’.

4. Click ‘Create snippet'.

I'm curious to hear what other experts think about this! To properly fix this issue, I highly recommend contacting the app developer themselves for best troubleshooting steps. You can find their contact information on their apps page.

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

omg I LOST ALL MY PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS!!!!!  

dont backup before.. and... this happen when i try to install FREE TABS APP!!!!!

support dont answer my... I LOST A LOT OF MONEY 

PLEASE HELP!!!!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Thank you. And it is correct. When the variable is deleted, the error disappears.

0 Likes