Listing: Way to NOT display variant photos if not selected?

Solved
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1197 162 323

Excuse me, I said snippets folder, it's actually your sections folder. Sorry for the confusion. You can definitely make a separate product template. What you would do is copy the code inside product-template.liquid and go to your templates folder and click add a new template. Then select product from "Create a new template for" dropdown, and call it whatever you want like, display-variants or something. Then you can paste all that code in there and make the changes you want to be different on products with that template. Then on your product page you would be able to select the template from a dropdown on the right side of the screen

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Perfect, perfect, perfect! Today's nirvana has been achieved!

I made a new template and a new section linked to it, applied it to the listing and the offending images were gone while the ones associated with the specific graphics flew onto the screen upon selection!

Thank you so much! This is a huge help with our site! I will get this thing done right if it's the last thing I do -- thank in no small part to people like you, Ninthony, who are so willing to help a lost and rudderless (but willing to learn) neophyte!

Have a GREAT day!

Jo-Lynn

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1197 162 323

Not a problem, I always recommend this video series on people getting started working in shopify and liquid. It helped me find a lot of stuff when I first started working in liquid. You just need to make a skillshare account, which is free:

https://www.skillshare.com/classes/Shopify-Essentials-for-Web-Developers-From-Store-Setup-to-Custom-...

Here's a liquid cheat sheet:

https://www.shopify.com/partners/shopify-cheat-sheet

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hey! Looking for exactly that on Broadcast theme; any idea? Thanks !!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
199 1 34

@Ninthony 

Thanks for sharing that. It is very cool to have the option to hide the extra images. I'm just wondering if it is possible to display say 2 images per variation?

0 Likes