Lite plan : This shop doesn't have a website yet

Solved
answerify
5 0 0

Hello,

I have a LITE plan and happy with only the "Buy button", I don't need to built a store in this case.

This Lite Plan doesn't give any website or shop online and I do not expect to get something more...

BUT on https://username.myshopify.com Shopify display this horrible page :

screenshot.2021-02-26 (6).jpg

It would be much better to give a white page !

Anyway how to remove this page ?

and get ONLY :

• White page
  • Or just display "the buy button" included with Lite plan ?
  • Or redirect this page to my website ?

It would make sense, no ?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2203 216 464

@answerify 

I'm afraid it is not possible to modify the page that appears when entering in your free ".myshopify.com" domain as the Lite plan does not include a landing page, nor a website. It would be unlikely that your customers would land here unless they specifically copy and paste the URL from the checkout. They would know your primary domain and use that domain to access your store as that is the domain you likely market on your social media pages and advertisements. 

Have you been getting a lot of customer reports/complaints after landing on this page, or is this page something you came across when using the URL? 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
answerify
5 0 0

@Peter

Unfortunately your answer doesn't solve this problem and make it much more complicated with your questions.
Let me give you more details to answer you.

screenshot.2021-02-26 (7).jpg

As you can see, directly in the cart (with Lite Plan), the customer can open an account.

This process is working well, and the account can be created with Lite Plan and opened after here : https://username.myshopify.com/account/login

But during the process (create new account with the link as in my screenshot), just after the Captcha, the page is not redirected for acheive the checkout paiement, but redirect to https://username.myshopify.com with this horrible page and the customer is completly lost and don't know what to do and where to go !

Normally after created the account, it should be redirected for acheive the checkout paiement, but it's not working like that.

To answer you about your question : Have you been getting a lot of customer reports/complaints after landing on this page ?

Of course not, the customer will not take time to report this problem, they will go to another website and the customer will be lost !

And that's not right way to do, waiting reports/complaints from the customers, no ?

It will be much better if Shopify give one of these possibilities below :

• redirected for acheive the checkout paiement (best solution)
  • display "the buy button" included with Lite plan to let the customer restart to buy
  • redirect this page to an external website to do not lose the customer and explain him the next step after this account created
  • Remove the link in my screenshot

It will make more sense and will make your customers more satisfied.

Regards

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2203 216 464

This is an accepted solution.

@answerify 

Thank you for providing further clarity on your issue; that helps immensely! I can see why that would be a frustrating experience, for both you and your customers. While we're unable to provide an immediate fix on the landing page, I do think we can have your issue looked into as it seems odd that the customer would not be redirected back to the checkout process. 

We'll want to take a closer look at your store to better understand why it's not redirecting correctly. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

0 Likes
answerify
5 0 0

@Peter 

Do you mean I am an exception ? all your customers with Lite Plan doesn't get this same problem ?

Can I see one of your customers (Lite Plan) be redirected back to the checkout process during the process to create new accounts ?

I didn't find one...all have the same problem...

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2203 216 464

@answerify 

I've not come across the issue before, so I can't speak to whether or not this has been reported elsewhere. In any case, we'll need to look into the account to use it as an example to escalate to our Technical Support and/or Themes team for further review. 

Reaching out to our support will be the best step to take to ensure this is reviewed as we are unable to provide account-specific support in the Community. 

0 Likes
answerify
5 0 0

@Peter 

The answer from the support is :
In the Shopify interface, deactivate "create accounts" it will solve this problem !

Form you : Marked as solved and it's not !

Should I be sorry to disturb Shopify and report something ?

You don't need to examine my account specifically, just look with one lite plan, follow the step described above and you will get this problem and be able to report to you Technical Support.

Regards

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2203 216 464

@answerify 

I appreciate the response. After some additional digging I was able to spot the issue you are referring to and have flagged this with our Developers for further review. The likely outcome will be to fix the redirect; however, I have included the feedback on changing the appearance of the page or providing the tools needed to customize this on your end. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
answerify
5 0 0

@Peter 

thanks for your answer much more collaborative

0 Likes