Live Theme is pulling snippet file from Development Theme

Solved
rumleydev
Tourist
4 1 0

Freelancer Shopify Partner working with a client. They have a very customized theme that I'm updating for them.

I'm trying make some changes to a snippet that's being used for a header. Right now I have it in a development theme because I don't want my work to be shown on their live site and interrupt business.

I was using themekit to push the changes and noticed the live site header was following along with my development theme. I undid all of my work to investigate. Check the theme_id in config.yml and it's correct.

It looks like the file in the live site isn't being updated because there are no previous versions of the file to view. But the development side has all my changes. I made the changes locally on Shopify to confirm and it's pulling that file from that development theme to update. Perhaps all my files, though I've only confirmed this one. 

Any idea what to do here? I've never had this issue pop up before.

0 Likes
rumleydev
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Ending up being a cache issue. Tried from another browser and didn't see it so I cleared my cache and it cleared the error. Consider it solved.

0 Likes