Login Logout

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi all,

Whenever I test my site and try to log in the navigation stays as "log in." I'd like to change it so after a customer logs in that navigation feature changes to log out or my account so it is intuitive to use. Any help here?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1445 195 523
You'll need to find that in your code and use liquid to determine if the customer is logged in or not:

{% unless customer %}
{% else %}
Log out
{% endunless %}
If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Awesome, if I am using the Debut theme do you know which part of the code this would be in? Realistically I'd like it to say Log Out when someone is logged in.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

hello Ninthony, I need help with this also.  I need a Shopify developer for many tasks.. Can you help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hey @forever-stoked , in your Checkout -> Settings you can change the customers preference to activate the login/logout thing on your store. If you still need help let me know the details on my email. (developer.rutherford@gmail.com)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I think your asking about the log in/log out feature for customers when they create and account with your store....if so, here's where you can find the log out feature:

When the customer logs in and wishes to log out, have them tap on the person icon (My Account) and under the title My Account is the Log Out button.

I missed this 100 times :). Hope this helps.