Long Product Description on Home Page

Highlighted
4 0 0

I only sell three items and I want customers to see a product description on my home page under the product pictures. Right now the only things Im able to change are Price and Product Name. How can I get more text under the product picture? 

For example, see https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/checkout#step1 and look at their product page and notice the text under the pics. 

I hope this is possible on shopify. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
54 0 5

Hi there,

You can enter text as the product description for each product, then use {{ product.description }} to output it on your homepage. Where you add that code will differ from theme to theme. If you'd like to let me know what theme you're using I can point you in the right direction. 

I hope that helps! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hmm, starting to make sense. I'm using the Flex theme. Just need to know where to add the code. Thanks so far!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
54 0 5

To show the product descriptions just on your homepage you'll need to add this bit of code to line 14 of the file product-loop.liquid. You'll find it in the Snippets section of the template editor:

{% if template == 'index' %}<div>{{ product.description }}</div>{% endif %}

It should look something like this:

That should do the trick. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello iam using minimal theme and i would like to add the product description under my products

thank you 

0 Likes