Looking to remove some extra space above banner

Solved
TCG-Michigan
2 0 0

Hey everyone!

I'm working on a store page and while most everything has been great, I do need some help with what I believe is a basic change that I just don't know the right way to do.

I have my homepage (using the simple theme) with a small sidebar, a big picture of our logo, and below that, a list of some of the major categories of products (as collections)

The problem is that the banner is bumped a little too low for where I'd like it to be. I'm aiming to move the banner so that the top of it aligns with the top of the sidebar, and everything just moves up accordingly.

Here's a picture:

Screenshot 2021-07-12 101112-2.png

How can I accomplish this? I have a fairly strong programming background but when it comes to web design, it feels like its own beast. I hope someone can help!

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
238 41 60

Would be helpful if you could provide a link.

- I help businesses with eCommerce and Marketing Technology integrations.
- For consulting work inquiries, please send me a Private Message.
- Presently working in Toronto, CANADA.
0 Likes
TCG-Michigan
2 0 0

Ahh yes! My mistake!

https://tcgtoner.myshopify.com/

Password is: Password123 if it asks for one

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
238 41 60

This is an accepted solution.

1. Your logo in .png has large margins (top and bottom in particular), decrease them in the first place in the photo editing software you are using.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0502/2410/3584/files/TCGLogo_300x300.png?v=1601989774

2. To decrease the margin above the banner you can go to theme.scss files and add the following code at the very bottom. You can adjust it accordingly.

.index-sections .shopify-section {
margin-top: 0px
}

Hope it answers your question!

- I help businesses with eCommerce and Marketing Technology integrations.
- For consulting work inquiries, please send me a Private Message.
- Presently working in Toronto, CANADA.