MInimal theme. Hide the many variant thumbnails to show only when clicked.

4 0 0

Hi, I am using Minimal theme and have products with many variants of colors that clutter the product page. This has been asked but I couldn't find the solution.

How do I have the variants thumbnails hidden on the product page to show only when a customer selects a particular variant. I am coding illiterate.  Any help is very much appreciated!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2466 414 519

Hi,

Send your store URL so we can check.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2466 414 519

I think you have to implement slider on theme so all variants thumb image convert to one line slider(For that you need to hire developer) Or you can make thumb image at right side by your theme editor option.

Follow this:

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Customize
2. Select product page from drop down or go to product page

3. On left side you can see Product pages section in this section you can find "Product thumbnail position" from where select "Right of the image" and save.

Let me know if you need help.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
455 80 101

You want to show only main image and when variant is selected, then show that variant image in main image ?

Author: Hovhannes Sargsyan (aka sarhov).
An individual web developer focused on Shopify development.
Need more help? Feel free to send me a direct message or drop an email shopify@sarhov.com

Email: shopify@sarhov.com
Messenger: @sarhov
Telegram: @sarhov
0 Likes
4 0 0

HI, It's doing that now, color variant is shown as the main image when the color is selected.

I would like the many color thumbnails to be hidden on the product page and shown only when selected, as they are cluttering the page, especially on the phone. Hope it's not too difficult to fix.

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 1

Skjermbilde.JPG

I found a fix for this. In the product-template.liquid file, you can remove the code i have marked in the image. 

0 Likes