Mailchimp Newsletter Signup Form Error

Tourist
18 0 1

Anyone know how to nix the error message when a subscriber doesnt enter an email address and hits 'submit'?

Basically, I'd like it to do nothing in this case. I cant seem to figure out how to add a bit of text to what exists say "Please enter a valid email address."

Heres my form:

<!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->
<div id="mc_embed_signup">
<i class="fa fa-times"><span>&times;</span></i>
<form action="//Ticamide.us11.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=92de54a016178384efcce0008&amp;id=b64da2601a" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
    <div id="mc_embed_signup_scroll">
<div class="mc-field-group">
  <label for="mce-EMAIL">email</label>
  <input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="&rarr;" autocomplete="off">
</div>
  <div class="signup-text">Sign up for the Ticamide Newsletter.</div>
  <div id="mce-responses" class="clear">
    <div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
    <div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
  </div>    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
    <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;"><input type="text" name="b_92de54a016178384efcce0008_b64da2601a" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
    <div style="clear: both;"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
    </div>
</form>
</div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 154

Hey there!

Mailchimp might be able to give you a hand inserting some code. Right now when you hit Subscribe without an email in the box, it takes you to their website rather than ours.

You can get in touch with their support on their Contact Us page.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes