Main slideshow image disappeared!

Solved
10 0 0

The main slideshow image (Top of index page) disappeared after I changed the "Shop Now" button's colors. Re-uploading the image doesn't work. Please help! 

Store link: thesmartfisher.com

0 Likes
Astronaut
1071 145 260

You have a linear gradient style for a :before element:

background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #000000, #000000 calc(100% - 150px), #000000 calc(100% - 60px), #000000);

Thats just making a big black block appear in front of your image. Delete that and your background image will show back up. If you want a slight overlay, delete that and instead replace it with:

background-color: rgba(0,0,0,.3)
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 18 57

Hi, @andreas20028 

Elle here from Shopify. 

I can certainly help you with troubleshooting this issue! 

Would you be able to clarify how you changed the "Shop Now" button's colour? Was it through the theme editor or by modifying the code? 

If you modified the code, you can roll back the changes by following these steps here. If you need help with the code change, our theme support team can assist. Let me know if you need help and I will reach out to you via email to set up the customization. 

If you changed the button's colour through the theme editor, can you please try removing the section entirely and re-adding the section to see if the issue persists? You can remove a section by scrolling down and selecting the remove section button at the bottom of the section like so:

Please let me know if this helps! If not, let me know what steps you've taken so we can move forward with additional troubleshooting steps. 

Thanks!

Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
10 0 0

@Elle It worked! I used the colour picker instead of the colour code. Thank you!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 18 57

You're very welcome! Happy to hear I was able to help. 

Our support is available 24/7 if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes