Make List the default view, not Grid

2 0 0

I'm using the Supply theme and the list of products in a collection defaults to grid view (which doesn't show pricing per item).  However, List view does.  I'd love to have List view be the default view for all my products in each collection, but all the forum posts I've seen show as "outdated."  Can anyone help with this?  Is there any other information I can provide to help make this happen?  Thanks in advace everyone!! 

0 Likes
1 0 1

This is a simple fix, go to any of your collections on the back end.  Then at the bottom right hand side you will see a "template" change it from collection to collection-list.   and you're done.  Do this for all your collections 

1 Like
2 0 0

Works great, thanks Juan!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks, Juan.  I have been struggling with issue for weeks playing with code and everything else.  And it was this simple!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

If you have lots of collections to change.  (I'll have over a 1000 when at the end of the month)  you can use the bulk editor.

• in Admin > Products > Collections (All)
  • click the button on the Title line to "Select all"
  • a menu will appear > Edit Collections
  • If "Template" does not appear in the editing table > click [Add Fields]
  • Pick Template
  • Go down the list and change from collection > collection.list

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 0

I don't seem to have the option in my collections to pick grid vs list....is that because my theme (Minimal) doesn't support that option?

If not, any idea how to rig that in my theme?

0 Likes
1 0 0
I have no option for list-collection on mine either I’m using the venture theme is there any way to change mine to list view too?

My store is www.jaayscandles.co.uk if that helps at all, thanks in advance 😀
0 Likes
13 0 0
Juan thanks for this. Would you know how I can get the title and description left justified? Looks like default is center. Also need the sidebar to show the tags to filter on. It's in the grid view but not lost.

Thanks again.
0 Likes