Make mobile display same as desktop

amberattack
2 0 1

Hi community,

I am looking to have my sites mobile display the same as my desktop? Is there a code I can add that will make this happen? I'm using the Brooklyn theme and my header images are totally off when viewing on mobile.  

Thank you!

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 82 171

Hey, @amberattack 

Can you provide me with some examples of what your mobile looks like now vs what you want it to look like? Nowadays the vast majority of themes are going to be optimized for mobile devices. Meaning the template/layout will change to fit the resolution of a smartphone. This is done to vastly improve loading times. The only real way around that is if a user on their phone changes in their browser settings to view the 'desktop version of the site'.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
amberattack
2 0 1

Thank you @Dirk ,

Here's a screenshot of the mobile.  I'm happy with how everything is display aside from the header image.  I would like for it to show the image in full if possible.  Is it a way to force the sites desktop display on mobile? or set a different image for the header on mobile? 

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.11.17 AM.png

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 82 171

This would likely require custom coding from a Shopify experts developer that you could hire to make this change. 

With that said, here are some general tips for images with the Brooklyn theme: 

Both of the image slides that are shown in the Brooklyn demo store are 1200 x 800 px. It's a good idea to keep all of your images slides the same size as each other. On small devices, image slides fill the screen from the top edge to the bottom edge. The slides are resized so that their height is the same height as the device's screen. To fill the screen without distorting the images, the slides are cropped on the left and right.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes